Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year! Another New Year, another fresh prospect to celebrate successes and make plans for the future. If today is any indication of what the rest of my year will be like, it will be full of me eating rich foods, napping too much, and avoiding the physical activity that my body so desperately needs. But more on that later.

2014 was a year of great change for me. Chapel Hill/Carrboro, NC became my new home as I moved one hour east to begin the accelerated nursing program at UNC. (Go Tar Heels!) The Independence Day holiday saw me become engaged to my longtime beau in Charleston, SC. Old friendships of were revitalized and strengthened as my wedding party took shape. A new home was "built" (or at least a new apartment was leased) in Carrboro, NC for myself and my fiance-- complete with one eccentric mixed breed pup and one lovable house cat who can charm her way into the hearts of even the most vehement cat-haters.

The holidays saw me through my first Thanksgiving spent with both my family and my soon to be in-laws as well as my first made from scratch pie--(caramel apple). Note to self: do not start baking a pie from scratch at 10PM if you are already tired. After turning 26 and learning how to make a French croissant from scratch, a third semester of nursing school was completed on the Dean's List...(hire me, hire me!) Christmas was spent with my in-laws with a much anticipated visit from my Mom and Dad. I was showered with presents that I didn't feel I deserved but loved none the less. Most notably a stand up mixer to make all my baking dreams come true as well as two beautiful leather Coach purses to add to my collection.

So to informally bid adieu to 2014, a year of such great things, I want to run through a few favorite things:
Entertainment:

  • Favorite random Netflix movie find: Labor Day with Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin. 
  • Favorite Movie: About Time with Rachel McAdams
  • Favorite Concert: Jimmy Eat World--10 Year anniversary of Futures at the Orange Peel. 
  • Favorite TV Show: The Mindy Project, American Horror Story, Chopped and Master Chef Jr.
  • Favorite Chain Restaurant: Cheese Cake Factory, Ted's Montana Grill
  • Favorite Activity: Stand up Paddle Boarding
  • Favorite Book: The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen (finally read it!)
  • Favorite Video Game: Mario Kart for the Wii U
  • Favorite Adventure: Camping in the mountains.
  • Favorite Places Visited: Bald Head Island, NYC, and Charleston.
  • Favorite Sports Moment: UNC upsetting Duke in Basketball.
  • Favorite I-pad App: Pinterest
  • Favorite Music Streaming: Spotify 
  • Favorite Magazines: Allure, In Style, Real Simple
  • Worst Magazine: Elle
Make-up Bag Favorites: 
  • Favorite Perfume: Chanel Chance
  • Favorite (Everyday) Eye Shadow Palette: Naked Basics by Urban Decay
  • Favorite (Special Occasion) Eye Shadow Palette: Naked 2 by Urban Decay
  • Favorite Mascara: Lights Camera Lashes by Tarte
  • Favorite Powder Blush: Amazonian clay blush by Tarte
  • Favorite Cheek Stain: Josie Maran Cheek Gellee in Poppy Paradise 
  • Favorite SPF: Josie Maran SPF 47 moisturizer
  • Favorite Lip Balm: Fresh lip treatment 
  • Favorite Lip Color: Fresh lip balm in Petal 
  • Favorite Facial Moisturizer: Clinique Dramatically Different Gel
  • Favorite Facial Primer: Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer
  • Favorite Tinted Moisturizer: Nude with SPF 20 by Laura Mercier 
  • Favorite Eye Shadow Primer: Potion in Sin by Urban Decay
  • Favorite Face Wash: Purity by Philosophy
  • Favorite Facial Cleansing Brush: Clarisonic
  • Favorite Body Wash: Anything by Philosophy
  • Favorite Nail Polish: Black Honey by Clinique
  • Favorite Eye Brow Product: Anastasia Brow Pomade
  • Favorite Under Eye Concealer: Erase Paste by Benefit
  • Favorite Eye Liner: Sephora Waterproof Liquid Liner in Matte Brown
  • Favorite Eye Liner (Pencil): Around the Clock Eye liner by Bare Minerals (discontinued)
  • Favorite Cosmetics Store: Sephora
Home Favorites:
  • Favorite Summer Candle: American Boardwalk and Beach Cabana by Bath and Body Works
  • Favorite Fall Candle: Pumpkin Pecan Waffles by B&BW
  • Favorite Winter Candle: Holly Jolly Holiday and Twisted Peppermint by B&BW
  • Favorite Decor Shopping Spot: Home Goods
In the Kitchen: 
  • Favorite Breakfast Recipe: Ham cups with eggs and cheese. 
  • Favorite Lunch Recipe: Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce
  • Favorite Dinner Recipe: Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • Favorite Baked Good: Savory Croissants with Ham and Gruyere
  • Favorite Side Dish: Creamy Mac and Cheese by the Pioneer Woman
  •  Favorite addictive sweet discovery: Trader Joe's Cookie Butter with Chocolate. Save yourself the calories and just eat it with a spoon. Also macarons. ALWAYS. Macarons. Preferably pistachio.
  • Favorite Liquor Drink: Dirty Martini with Bleu Cheese Olives and Grey Goose Vodka
  • Favorite Wine: Merlot--Kendall Jackson
  • Favorite Beer: IPA--Lagunitas Lil Sumpin Sumpin 
  • Favorite Kitchen Tool: Mandolin
  • Favorite Ingredient: Fresh grated ginger
  • Favorite Cheese: Gruyere



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird