Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weekend Nails.

 As someone working in the health care field, I have found one of my great loves, nail polish, stolen from me as nail varnish of all kinds is strictly contraband in my hospital setting. So what does this mean for me and my fairly expansive nail polish collection? It means that ours is but a weekend love affair. I know, I know, first world problems. So, since it's rare for me to use my polishes, I find myself truly cherishing the few days I get to spend with polished nails. Most recently, I paired Sephora by O.P.I.'s "Let's Plie" (a light nude-pink with a very subtle shimmer) with a coat of Sephora by O.P.I.'s "Come to Pappa-razzi" (copper, gold and black glitter of assorted sizes) top coat on the "moons" of my nails. The polish dries quickly, lasts the entire weekend without chipping, and does not require more than two coats to establish an opaque color pay off. All in all, I am a fan!

To mimic this look:

  1. Paint two coats of a solid color polish of your choice. (My choice was "Let's Plie" by Sephora. You can find it here: Let's Plie.
  2. Choose a glitter top coat of your choice and apply to the base of your nail near the cuticle. I call this area the moon of the nail. Make sure the shake the glitter top coat well so that you're getting as much glitter on your brush as possible. Try and brush as much of the actual clear coat off the brush as possible as this will "goop" on the nail and greatly increase the dry time. 
  3. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes before using your nails.
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird